Data Migration and New Computer System Setup
Even if you have purchased your new computer from somewhere else, such as a chain store or online, Black River PC can take care of getting the new computer ready to use.
- Initial setup of the new computer; including operating system updates, software installations, and initial configuration.
- Create factory recovery media; where applicable. Burn factory recovery discs using factory-supplied utility. Major-brand systems no longer come with physical recovery or install media, you have to burn them yourself using a utility installed by the factory on the computer.
- Copy documents, pictures, music, favorites and other data from your old computer to your new one.
- Setup of the new computer in your home or office, including drivers installation of any additional peripherals, such as printers and scanners. We'll also make sure your internet is working and you can access your email.
- Prepare your old system for reuse, resale, donation or disposal, including wiping the hard drive and re-installation of its operating system and software, if needed.
We can also recommend any additional software or hardware to complement your new system, such as antivirus software, alternative web browser or office suite, to help you get the most out of it.